Tuesday 9 August 2011

Charity starts at home

For three nights in a row there have been riots in London. The riots started after a protest took place over a police shooting, but what was suppose to be a peaceful march, soon turned into looting of stores and burning of property.

The fact of the matter is it just isn't safe in London after the sun goes down as riots are breaking out all over the city. I am in the fortunate position of being able to live outside of London, so I feel safe at night, but many of my work colleagues aren't able to escape the city centre after working hours. This morning I heard many stories of rioting going on outside their homes and flats. Many of them didn't get much sleep, as they didn't feel safe in their own homes.

Unfortunately we don't know how much longer these riots are going to go on for and I wish to extend the hand of charity to my friends and work colleagues, who live in central London to spend the night at my home, away from danger. Even if it's just for one night, I don't think you can really put a price on your own safety and a good night's sleep.

So if you're interested please send me an email and I'll see how many people I can put up for the night. Obviously I don't have enough room for hundreds of people, but I'll do what I can.

P.s. - Men and fat/old chicks need not apply.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not fat but I am old so i think you are VERY mean

Anonymous said...

But have just remembered that I don't live in London anyway